Ashtanga Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
RYS-200 Tuition Rates & Dates
Ashtanga Yoga Bellingham and Bellingham Yoga School is a registered yoga school (RYS #26861) which has a collaborative and innovative approach to asana and yoga theory. This program was founded in 2006 by certified Ashtanga teachers David and Catherine Garrigues, and has been directed by their student, Luke Baugh, since 2012. This is a traditionally based program, grounded in the yoga sutras, Samkhya philosophy, and asana systems of the Krishnamacharya, Desikachar, Jois, and Iyengar lineages. This program meets and exceeds requirements for 200 hour registration with Yoga Alliance (upon completion we will give you the credential needed to acquire this certificate). The program incorporates a non dogmatic approach to yoga through acknowledgement of traditional practices, modern innovations to classical asana (including props), and for teachers, a very clear understanding of yoga theory and philosophy. While respect is given to our ancestors in yoga, this is a utilitarian school, and the doors are open to people of all disciplines who want to expand their yogic knowledge or become teachers.
2018 Fall Training schedule
Dates: Mon 5:30pm-9:30pm, Wed 5:30pm-9:30pm, Fri 5:30pm-9:30pm (some Saturdays TBA)
Beginning: September 17th, 2018
End: December 14th, 2018
- registration is currently open
- to apply please send a letter of intent (usually a page or less) describing your purpose and intention as a teacher or student of yoga on a more in depth level.
- no prerequisite for experience level
- 2 internships available for work/trade
- on occasion class will go until 10:30pm on Mon and Wed and no class will be held on Friday
- a $500 deposit is required to hold your space, this deposit will be refunded to you if you are not accepted to the program